According to a study by Vision Council three out of four adults need vision correction PLUS one out of four children need vision correction. With the number of clients you have, there’s a good chance a portion of them will need vision coverage.
Be sure to remind your clients that regular eye exams are recommended to detect hidden medical problems, even if they have “perfect” vision. The Mayo Clinic recommends children undergo a comprehensive eye exam between the ages 3 and 5 and the following eye exam frequency for adults:
Ages 20 - 39: Every five to 10 years
Ages 40 - 54: Every two to four years
Ages 55 - 64: Every one to three years
Ages 65+: Every one to two years
According to the National Association of Dental Plans about 66% of Americans have dental insurance. What about the remaining 34%?
A common reason you may hear from clients who decline dental coverage is that it’s just not worth the cost. For people with perfectly healthy teeth, that might be true. But the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that 47.2% of adults in the U.S. ages 30 years and older have some form of periodontal disease. This stat increases with age, with approximately 70% of adults over the age of 65 having periodontal disease. The cost for the deep cleaning and potential other treatments required to control periodontal disease can quickly add up without insurance.
Nobody plans to need an accident plan. In fact, by definition, an accident is an “unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly”. However, that doesn’t mean an individual can’t plan to be covered in case of an accident.
Whether it’s a family with a teenager who plays sports or an individual who is not offered/cannot afford disability through their group plan, accident coverage can be beneficial in many situations